The Office of Research and Economic Development oversees these university-wide centers and institutes:
Alliance for System Safety of UAS through Research Excellence (ASSURE)
The Federal Aviation Administration’s Center of Excellence for Unmanned Aerial Systems. Comprised of 21 of the world's leading research universities and over a 100 leading industry and government partners and led by MSU, ASSURE is dedicated to turning UAS research into FAA rules to get UAS flying in our national airspace system.
Center for Cyber Innovation (CCI)
Part the High Performance Computing Collaboratory at Mississippi State University, CCI develops cutting-edge solutions for Defense, Homeland Security and the Intelligence Community. The primary focus of the CCI is to research, prototype and deliver cutting-edge cyber solutions that support global national security, homeland security and peacekeeping operations.
High Performance Computing Collaboratory (HPCC)
HPCC is coalition of member centers and groups that share a common core objective of advancing the state-of-the-art in computational sciences and engineering using high performance computing.
Institute for Computational Research in Engineering and Science (ICRES)
ICRES is a world-class center of excellence for research, technology and education equipped to address engineering challenges facing the nation's industrial base.
Institute for Imaging and Analytical Technologies (I2AT)
I2AT unifies the resources of MSU's Electron Microscope Center and Institute for Neurocognitive Science and Technology. The institute houses major research instrumentation representing significant research infrastructure and serves as a university core facility.
Marvin B. Dow Advanced Composites Institute (ACI)
ACI is an internationally recognized institute of excellence for composites research and technology bridging engineering and fundamental science disciplines at MSU and beyond.
Mississippi State Chemical Lab (MSCL)
MSCL provides analytical data to assure quality, labeling, and safety of fertilizers, animal feeds, human foods, pesticides, and petroleum products in Mississippi. MSCL also checks private water supplies, provides assistance to industry, performs analysis of toxic chemicals for farmers, hospitals, doctors, veterinarians, law enforcement agencies and provides other analyses of interest to our citizens.
National Strategic Planning & Analysis Research Center (nSPARC)
nSPARC uses administrative data for strategic planning in economic, workforce, business, and community development and provides expertise in the management and analysis of complex administrative databases from various federal, state, regional, and local entities.
Northern Gulf Institute (NGI)
NGI is a National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Cooperative Institute, a partnership of six complementary academic institutions and NOAA addressing important national strategic research and education goals.
Raspet Flight Research Laboratory
The Raspet Flight Research Laboratory advances modern concepts in experimental aviation through the research, development, testing and evaluation of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) using advanced technologies. Raspet also leads the Department of Homeland Security’s Systems Demonstration Range Facility for UAS.
Research and Curriculum Unit (RCU)
RCU benefits K-12 and higher education by developing curricula and assessments, providing training and learning opportunities for educators, researching and evaluating programs, supporting and promoting career and technical education, and leading education innovations.
Other Centers & Institutes
Other Centers & Institutes Left List
- America Reads - Mississippi (AmeriCorps)
- Carl Small Town Center
- Center for Advanced Vehicular Systems (CAVS)
- CAVS Extension
- Center of Biomedical Research Excellence (COBRE)
- Center for Computational Sciences
- Center for Government and Community Development
- Cobb Institute of Archaeology
- Center for Entrepreneurship & Outreach
- Forest and Wildlife Research Center
- Division of Agriculture, Forestry and Veterinary Medicine Centers and Institutes
- Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Fish (FIL)
- Geosystems Research Institute (GRI)
- The Gulf Coast Community Design Studio
Other Centers & Institutes Right List
- High Voltage Laboratory
- Institute for Clean Energy Technology (ICET)
- Institute for Genomics, Biocomputing and Biotechnology (IGBB)
- Institute for Systems Engineering Research (ISER)
- International Institute
- Mississippi Migrant Education Service Center
- Mississippi Water Resources Research Institute (MWRRI)
- MSU World Class Teaching Program
- Mississippi Writing/Thinking Institute
- National Research and Training Center on Blindness and Low Vision (NRTC)
- Stennis Institute of Government and Community Development
- Southern Rural Development Center
- Social Science Research Center (SSRC)
- T.K. Martin Center for Technology and Disability